To go on a guided two day hiking adventure to climb Mt Triglav mountain (2864m), the highest summit of Slovenia and Julian Alps, no previous mountaineering knowledge is needed. Although some walking experience is welcome. You’ll go deep in Triglav National park, where cheerfulness and passion for mountain adventures are contageus. You’ll fall for the free spirit in the mountains in one evening conversating with guides and fellow mountaineers in Slovene Alps.
2 – day SUMMER climb
- Day 1: The two day climb Mt Triglav starts in Zadnjica valley. You’ll walk pass typical Trenta house on a good gravel road to ascend to Kanjavec (2569m), Pihavec (2419m) and Zadnjiški Ozebnik (2084m) mountain arena. At the valley end single trail leads to Dolič mountain saddle. Once above above the forest line you’ll be deep in the Triglav National Park. Keep your camera handy to capture edelweiss, marmots, chamois and capricorn mountain goats. Here 100% pure nature awaits your admiration. You’ll have a well deserved rest and lunch break on Dolič hut (2151m). On your quest to Slovenia’s top of the World, you’ll climb via ferrata (a trail secured with steel cabel) over the ridge from Little Triglav to the majestic Triglav summit. On the tallest mountain in Slovenia every “true” Slovenian should be at least once. By custom everyone gets three hits on their behind next to Aljaž tower, to become a true mountaineer. From rocky Triglav peak you’ll descend via ferrata to spend an evening with charismatic fellow mountaineers at Planika hut. Here you’ll enjoy good home food and welcoming atmosphere. Further more be mesmerised by the sheer beauty as the sunset will make you stop and stare at the colorful land below. You’ll share a dormitory room accommodation to overnight in the mountains in Julian Alps.
- Day 2: Wake up is with the first ray of light and herbal tea scent coming from the kitchen. After breakfast easy downhill hiking leads under Veliko Špičje ridge to The Valley of Triglav lakes. You’ll walk pass Vodnik hut in the direction of Bohinj lake valley into the vast forests of Pokljuka plateau. Here you’ll enjoy the silence. Climb Mt Triglav trip ends close to Bled lake.
- 6-8 h walking and climbing per day, 2210 m total vertical difference
- Price: 245 eur (at 3 or more in the group)
2 – day WINTER climb:
- Day 1: You’ll drive from Bled or Bovec to Krma valley, where walking in Triglav National park begins. Further on you’ll hike uphill, pass Vrtača plain to Upper Krma pastures (1720 m) and finally to Kredarica lodge (2515 m), where you’ll rest and overnight.
- Day 2: You’ll wake up early and climb over Mali Triglav (Little Triglav 2725 m) to the Triglav summit (2864 m), where over 100 years old Aljaž’s tower stands. There you’ll rest and enjoy Slovenia at hand. On a clear day your sight will expand over tallest mountains of three neighbouring countries – Slovenia, Italy and Austria with it’s Julian Alps, Karavanke Alps and Kamnik – Savinja Alps. You’ll return the same way.
- 7-9 h walking and climbing per day, 1950 m total vertical difference
- Available in December, January, February, March, April and May
- Price: 350 EUR / person (at 2 or more in the group)
- Price: 500 EUR / person (at 1 person in the group – private tour)
Our most experienced Triglav mountain guides with you: Žiga Šter (UIAGM mountain guide) and Jernej Knop (UIAGM mountain guide).